Recommended stairlift features…
Here are 10 recommended stairlift features you should be looking for when you purchase your new stairlift:
- A swivel seat which is lockable will give you a real advantage of getting on and off the stairlift without twisting your body. Once turned it also provides a stable base and safety barrier at the top of the stairs. This makes getting on and off the stairlift safe.
- A safety belt will add reassurance and peace of mind when travelling up and down the stairs.
- A slim fold away design ensures that other people in your home can continue to use the stairs as normal.
- A simple switch or a paddle control makes life a lot simpler when using the stairlift. A simple push on the switch to go up and a simple pull to go back down. Having the switch on both arms gives people the choice of which hand they want to use. This is very helpful if you have more than 1 person using the stairlift.
- A simple and clear display on the stairlift will always help the user see the exact status of the stairlift throughout the day and night.
- It is extremely important that the stairlift is fitted with safety sensors on the footrest and carriage. This will stop the lift should there be any obstruction.
- Always opt for a stairlift which travels smoothly and quietly.
- A lockable on/off key switch provides a ‘child friendly’ safety option.
- Remote controllers are an essential to be able to call and send for the stairlift.
- A battery operated stairlift is a good purchase as it will continue to operate when there is a power cut.